Six Projects Awarded £12,000 from the Reaps Moss Community Fund
Six local groups are to share grants of £12,205, as the 2022 awards from the Reaps Moss Community Fund are announced.
The Reaps Moss Wind Farm has been providing funding through its Community Fund for the last seven years with over £75,000 awarded to local causes along the way.
This year’s awarded projects are:
- The Old Library Cornholme, which will improve their kitchen facilities with a grant of £3,500
- Bacup and Stacksteads Carnival 2022 are to receive £2,000 towards the cost of this year’s event
- Stacksteads Countryside Park Group secure £1,527 to assist with the cost of the annual Lantern Parade
- £1,678 is awarded to Sharneyford Primary School to fund the installation of an exterior public access defibrillator
- The White Pearl Foundation has been awarded £2,500 to deliver a variety of youth based activities in Todmorden
- Incredible Farm CBS Ltd will be able to install an extension to their barn thanks to £1,000 awarded through the Fund
On hearing the good news Fiona McGinley, Office Manager at Sharneyford Primary School said: “We were thrilled to receive this grant. It means we can go ahead with the project which we would have struggled to do otherwise. It will make a difference to the whole community to have access to this. Thank you so much!”
Due to Covid restrictions a home based parade was held in 2020 and no parade took place at all in 2021. Now the Stacksteads Lantern Parade will be back this year partly thanks to their grant award from the Fund. Jackie Oakes, Trustee of Stacksteads Countryside Park Group commented: “We are delighted that our bid for funding was successful – it guarantees that this year we’ll be back with a fantastic event that will encourage residents of all ages and abilities to join in the workshops in September and ensure that the parade in October is back on track!”
The funding for the Community Fund is provided by Reaps Moss Wind Farm, which is managed by independent investment firm, Vantage Infrastructure (www.vantageinfra.com), with support of Partnerships for Renewables (www.pfr.co.uk). The Fund distributes £10,000 annually over the 20 – 25 year lifetime of the project. Groups located in the Fund’s specified funding ‘zone’ which covers Todmorden and the Greensclough, Irwell and Stacksteads wards of Bacup, can apply for grants of between £250 and £3,500. The Fund is administered by GrantScape.
The 2023 application deadline for the Reaps Moss Community Fund is 15 February 2023.
To find out more about the Fund and how to apply, please click here
Groups can also contact the Grant Team at GrantScape on 01908 247630 if they would like to discuss a potential project or require assistance in making an application.
A full list of all groups supported through the Fund can be found here