Ørsted announces latest round of grants for community projects around Liverpool Bay
The recipients will each receive a share of the £112,500 windfall available under the fifth round of grants awarded by the Fund.
Each year for the expected 25 year lifetime of the Burbo Bank Extension offshore wind farm, approximately £225,000 will be made available for community projects, which will benefit the local area.
The 15 new projects join 58 other groups who have already benefited from grant support through the Fund which has given away over £560,000 since it launched in May 2015.
The full list of organisations awarded grants under this round of the Community Benefit Fund are as follows:
- Wallasey Village United Reformed Church – £13,500
- 4 The Community CIC, Active in Rhyl – £10,400
- Friends of Hilbre Island – £5,000
- Headway Conwy and Denbighshire – £2,500
- New Brighton Baptist Church, Christians Against Poverty – £3,000
- UTS Community Sport and Health Hub, Hoylake – £12,000
- Wirral Society of the Blind and Partially Sighted – £4,153
- Royden Park Ranger Volunteer Group, Irby Quarry Meadows – £3,165
- Sefton Women’s and Children’s Aid – £19,000
- Salvation Army Bootle – £4,922
- Wirral Churches’ Ark Project, Wirral Dinghies – £10,000
- North Wales Little Tern Group – £1,140
- Kindfulness Coffee Club – £15,000
- North Wales Women’s Centre – £4,500
- Choose Life The Prisoners Initiative, Sefton – £4,220
Natasha Nanuck, Ørsted’s Stakeholder Advisor, said: “We’re absolutely delighted to announce the winners of this round of funding. The regions in which we operate are at the heart of our business, so as well as bringing skilled jobs, and engaging with young people through our education partnerships, we support local organisations through this community benefit fund. The next round of funding is now open, where again £112,500 will be up for grabs, so we strongly encourage local projects in need of funding to apply.”
The closing date for the next round of applications is 28 March 2018. For full details about the Fund, please click here