Grant Administrator – Part Time 22.5 hours per week, 4.5 hours per day
1. The role is permanent, subject to the successful completion of a 6 month probationary period.
Reports to: Grant Director
2. PURPOSE OF JOB
To provide administrative support across all functions of the Charity (Grants, Finance, Marketing).
3. ORGANISATION AND JOB CONTEXT
The post will be based at Whitsundoles Office, near to Salford, just outside Milton Keynes. The post will offer flexible working hours, but the applicant must be prepared to work 4.5 hours between the hours of 9.30am to 4pm every week day.
The post will form part of the Grants Team, but will support other departments within the Charity.
4. PRINCIPLE ACCOUNTABILITIES
a) Support to the Grant Team: Duties will include:
- Dealing with telephone enquiries and communications from applicants by telephone, email and post
- Monitoring grant programme interest through website driven enquiries and maintain interest logs. Flag up where numbers are low and additional promotion may be required
- Importing applications submitted online, following a specific process to ensure all are actioned
- Undertaking first stage grant applications assessment against published criteria and formatting Precis for meetings
- Updating the content managed website to ensure it remains current
- Uploading completed grant project information onto the website
- Supporting the Grant Managers in preparing meeting papers for External Assessment and Board meetings
- Preparing/printing contracts for signature
b) Support to the Marketing Manager: Duties will include:
- Attending conferences and promotional events when required
- Assisting with development of promotional materials
- Helping research new opportunities for the Charity
c) Support to the Finance Team: Duties will include:
- Receiving and logging payment claims from grant applicants into the grants database
- Logging invoices received into the daybook spreadsheet
- Filing of financial information
- Maintaining grant-related finance spreadsheets
d) General administration: Duties will include:
- Providing administrative support for the Grant Director, Finance Director, Grant Managers and Marketing Manager
- Making appointments and making arrangements for visits, conferences etc. Booking suitable hotels, conference space etc.
- Arranging accommodation for meetings, attendance at meetings, agenda preparation
- Minute taking at Team Meetings (and occasional external meetings if required)
- Managing office stationery requirements and general office housekeeping
- Actively participate and contribute effectually in full team meetings.
e) Reception: Duties will include
- Dealing with telephone enquiries, responding whenever possible to answer queries, re-directing the caller only where necessary
- Opening, logging and distribution of post
- Taking outgoing post to a franked mailbox or post office every day
The above is not an exhaustive list of duties and you will be expected to perform different tasks as required to meet the objectives of the business.
To download a copy of the Job Description and Person Specification, please click here
To apply, please email a copy of your CV with a covering letter (one side A4) relating your experience to the requirements of the job and why you would be suitable to: email@example.com before the closing date of Monday 6 March. Please state Grant Administrator clearly in the subject header.