The Sandsfield Community Fund
Within 10 miles of Sandsfield Farm, Catwick Lane, Brandesburton, Driffield, YO25 8SA
Total Grants Available:
£70,000 (approximately) per year
Fund Provided by:
Sandsfield Gravel Co. through the Landfill Communities Fund
The Sandsfield Community Fund uses monies provided by Sandsfield Gravel Co. under the Landfill Communities Fund. The company’s donations relate to its landfill site in Driffield, East Yorkshire.
The maximum grant available is £20,000.
Groups with projects that are located within 10 miles of Sandsfield Farm, Catwick Lane, Brandesburton, Driffield, YO25 8SA may apply for grants, subject to The Sandsfield Community Fund’s eligibility requirements. Priority will normally be given to projects located within 2 miles of the site.
To see whether your project falls within the eligible funding area, please click on the map image below:
If you would like to check if your project is within the eligible area, click the ‘View larger map’ icon (top right)to access the magnifyer which, once clicked will enable you to enter the project postcode.
Who Can Apply?
Eligible organisations, who can apply for funding include:
- Voluntary organisations, community groups / associations, sports clubs (note exclusion criteria regarding membership restrictions), local and national Charities
- Parish / Community Councils / Town Councils
- Local Authorities working with community organisations on community-led projects
- Social enterprises and Community Interest Companies operating on a non-profit-distributing basis. These are defined by Social UK as ‘businesses that trade to tackle social problems, improve communities, people’s life chances, or the environment. They make their money from selling goods and services in the open market, but they reinvest their profits back into the business or the local community’. Such organisations must have a minimum of three unrelated Directors.
To be eligible to apply, an organisation must:
- Have a written constitution, a set of rules, or a governing document and a bank or building society account, held in the name of the organisation, in place before applying for a grant
- Be run on a not-for-profit basis
- Own or hold a lease for the project site with at least 5 years remaining. Projects should be based at a project site which must be owned or leased by the applying organisation. If your organisation neither owns the project site, nor has a lease with a minimum of 5 years remaining, you are not eligible to apply. The lease must be active before any application is made. Letters of intent or draft lease agreements are not accepted
There are no application closing dates, and you can expect a decision within three months of submitting your completed application.
To find out which organisations were previously awarded grants, please click here
The Sandsfield Community Fund uses an online application process. Applications in other formats will not, therefore, be accepted.
If your group is not able to complete an online application form due to specific communication requirements, please contact GrantScape so that we can help you with alternative arrangements.