Mick George Community Fund
Parts of Bedfordshire, Cambridgeshire, Lincolnshire, Northamptonshire, Norfolk and Rutland.
Total Grants Available:
£200,000 (approximately) per year
Fund Provided by:
Mick George Limited through the Landfill Communities Fund
The Mick George Community Fund provides grants of between £10,000 and £15,000.
Organisations can only apply for a grant if their total project cost is less than £100,000.
The Fund supports projects located in proximity to our donor’s landfill sites and other waste treatment sites situated throughout the East Midlands and Anglian regions.
To see whether your project falls within the eligible funding area, please click on the map image below:
If you would like to check if your project is within the eligible area, click the ‘View larger map’ icon (top right) to access the magnifier which, once clicked will enable you to enter the project postcode. The red shaded area is excluded.
Who Can Apply?
Eligible organisations, who can apply for funding include:
- Voluntary organisations, community groups / associations, sports clubs (note exclusion criteria regarding membership restrictions), local and national Charities
- Parish / Community Councils / Town Councils
- Local Authorities
- Social enterprises and Community Interest Companies operating on a non-profit-distributing basis. These are defined by Social UK as ‘businesses that trade to tackle social problems, improve communities, people’s life chances, or the environment. They make their money from selling goods and services in the open market, but they reinvest their profits back into the business or the local community’. Such organisations must have a minimum of three unrelated Directors.
To be eligible to apply, an organisation must:
- Have a written constitution, a set of rules, or a governing document and a bank or building society account, held in the name of the organisation, in place before applying for a grant
- Be run on a not-for-profit basis
- Own or hold a lease for the project site with at least 5 years remaining
- Projects should be based at a project site which must be owned or leased by the applying organisation. If your organisation neither owns the project site, nor has a lease with a minimum of 5 years remaining, you are not eligible to apply. The lease must be active before any application is made. Letters of intent or draft lease agreements are not accepted.
There are currently two funding rounds each year.
The next closing dates are:
To find out which organisations were previously awarded grants, please click here. This link will take you to a map where you can find out more about the projects supported by the Mick George Community Fund.
The Mick George Community Fund uses an online application process. Applications in other formats will not, therefore, be accepted.
If your group is not able to complete an online application form due to specific communication requirements, please contact GrantScape so that we can help you with alternative arrangements.
Applications received after a closing date will be automatically submitted to the next funding round, if available.
Mick George Sports Fund
Mick George Ltd also provide the Mick George Sports Fund, run in association with Living Sport and Northamptonshire Sport – organisations that specialise in improving the health and well-being of people, through participation in sport and physical activity.
More information about the Sports Fund can be found here
Individual grants are available between £500 and £1,500, for capital community sports projects or developments, which are open to the general public.