Eastchurch Community Fund Criteria

Fund Overview

The owners of the two wind farm developments located in the Parish of Eastchurch on the Isle of Sheppey, owned by EnergieKontor (New Rides) and Resonance Asset Management (HMP Standford Hill) respectively, contribute each year into a community fund

The donations will be made directly to GrantScape by each developer separately over a 25 year period. The money will be pooled into a single pot of funds under one set of criteria as detailed below.

There will be two funding rounds each year, with decisions made within two months of the published deadlines. 75% (£24,000) of the annual amount will be available for applications that apply to the first round of the year (Spring), with the remaining 25% (£8,000 plus any remaining balance from the first round) available to groups to apply to in the second round (Autumn).  Any funding not allocated at the end of a year will be rolled forward to the next year.

A local Advisory Group (AG) has been established to help decide how the funding will be spent.

Project location

The annual c£32,000 is available for projects located within the Parish of Eastchurch.

Project Purpose

Grants are available for any locally based community project that can show it has the support of the community. Match funding is not required.

Individual grants can be applied for between £250 and £24,000 from the first round and between £250 and £8,000* from the next round.
*This will be adjusted if all monies available are not allocated in the first round of any year. The exact amount available for groups to apply up to in the second round of the year will be available here, each year, before the end of June.

The Fund is particularly interested in supporting projects that:

  • Innovate and are different, and get the communities they are intended for excited and involved
  • Help develop more sustainable communities and enhance quality of life
  • Support local conservation and environmental initiatives
  • Encourage renewable energy use, helping communities save energy or generate energy for their use

The Fund may support a single exceptional community project at each funding round if it wishes, or part of the fund at each funding round could be used to support a longer-term project.

Eligible Organisations

Organisations eligible to receive a grant must be:

  • Voluntary, community groups,  Parish Councils
  • Schools and educational establishments (above the LEA duty)
  • Social enterprises (including credit unions, co-operatives, social firms, community owned enterprises, community interest companies and development trusts) provided they operate on a not-for- profit basis

Applicants are required to have a written constitution, a set of rules, or a governing document and a bank or building society account, held in the name of the organisation, in place before applying for a grant. 


Grants will not be available for:

  • Commercial organisations.
  • Private membership based sports clubs and facilities unless membership is open to the general public without undue restriction (e.g. not membership by nomination organisations)
  • Projects that only benefit one individual
  • Funding core costs in organisations e.g. running costs, admin costs, building rental costs etc.
  • Retrospective funding (i.e. funding can only be requested for works that will begin / expenditure that will be incurred AFTER our funding decision has been made and a formal grant Contract issued)
  • Scheduled transport services e.g. bus and train services
  • Works that are the responsibility of the local authority such as public highways and public car parks

If, after reading the above, you are confident that your project meets the criteria, please click Next, below: