East Coast Skills Fund
Introduction and Background
It is widely recognised that the UK will have a shortage of technical and engineering skills needed to meet the UK’s future employment needs. With this in mind, each year, up to £75,000 of the main East Coast Community Fund will be set aside for a “STEM Educational Fund”.
The aim being, to provide educational and learning opportunities for people within the Fund’s benefit area, to help improve their skills and employment opportunities.
The 2024 STEM Educational Fund is now Open to Applications.
The funding is available through an open application process to experienced organisations that can develop and deliver STEM educational projects, including training and / or educational courses, a one off event, or a programme of targeted events.
What Can I Apply For?
This year groups can apply for up to £75,000 per application. The minimum grant organisations can apply for is £10,000.
We are looking for organisations to apply for grants to:
- Fund the support, enhancement and expansion of existing projects / networks already set up and delivering local benefits on stem related activities. Examples of these might include funding for STEM festivals / engagement days / pop up events etc.
- Create and develop knew and innovative initiatives across one or more age range from early years, primary, secondary, further or higher education. Examples of this may include development of wind turbine kits for schools in science classes, or other resource packs or delivery of other extra curriculum activities.
We will accept applications from all types of groups with appropriate delivery experience including third sector organisations, as well as experienced consultancies.
Where Can I Deliver STEM Educational Activities?
The works must be delivered within the main Funds benefit area, but can be focused in just one specific area (i.e. the project does not have to be delivered across the entire benefit area). To check the eligible area, please click on the map image link below:
- Projects can last up to two years.
- Previous applicants are welcome to reapply.
- Organisations with current live STEM grants from this specific fund are not eligible to apply (‘live’ means grants with outstanding finance at the May deadline).
Groups can only submit one application per fund (i.e. you can apply to other Funds but you will need to complete a separate application).
How Can I Apply?
To apply for a grant please complete and submit the online application form before the closing date of 1 May 2024.
When you register or log back into an existing account please select the East Coast Skills Fund as the fund to apply to.
Important Note This closing date is different to the main Community Fund so please do not get the dates confused as late submissions will not be considered.
Final decisions on your application will be announced by the end of June 2024.
If you would like to discuss your application before you apply please feel free to call us on 01908 247630.
To find out which organisations have been awarded grants in previous years, please click below: