St Mawgan in Pydar and Colan
Parish boundaries of St Mawgan in Pydar and Colan in the Cornwall Council division of St Mawgan and Colan
Total Grants Available:
£17,500 per year
Denzell Downs Wind Farm is committed to providing a Community Benefit Fund for good causes local to the Wind Farm.
The Fund has an annual value of around £17,500 which is split equally between the Parishes of St Mawgan in Pydar and Colan.
Groups can apply for grants between £250 and £8,750.
There is one application round each year. An additional application round may be established if all available funding is not allocated in any annual round.
The Fund is open to any community project which is for the benefit of residents of the local area. This Fund can provide both capital and revenue grants.
Projects for which grants are requested must be located within the Parish boundaries of St Mawgan in Pydar and Colan in the Cornwall Council division of St Mawgan and Colan.
Eligible Organisations, who can apply for funding include:
- Charities / voluntary, community groups
- The Parish Councils
- Schools and educational establishments
- Social enterprises and Community Interest Companies operating on a non-profit-distributing basis. These are defined by Social UK as ‘businesses that trade to tackle social problems, improve communities, people’s life chances, or the environment. They make their money from selling goods and services in the open market, but they reinvest their profits back into the business or the local community’. Such organisations must have a minimum of three unrelated Directors.
Applicants need to have a written constitution, a set of rules, or a governing document and a bank or building society account held in the name of the organisation in place before applying for a grant.
Grants will not be available for:
- Commercial organisations.
- Private membership-based sports clubs and facilities unless membership is open to the general public without undue restriction (e.g. not membership by nomination organisations).
- Funding core costs of organisations, e.g. running costs, administration costs, building rental costs etc…
- Projects that only benefit one individual (unless the application is received from an organisation and the project directly benefits individuals, e.g. energy saving measures such as insulation).
- Projects that are narrowly religious in focus, or that support a party political campaign or cause.
- Retrospective funding (i.e. funding can only be requested for works that will begin / expenditure that will be incurred AFTER our funding decision has been made and a formal grant Contract issued)
- Works that are a statutory duty, such as scheduled transport services and works to public highways.
The main criteria that will be used when assessing applications received will be:
- The social, or economic, or environmental benefits which will result from the project.
Other factors will also be considered which must be demonstrated in the application:
- The ability of the applicant to deliver the project
- How the work will be continued after the project has been completed, i.e. its sustainability and legacy
- Value for money
- Applications to the Fund need to be made using an online application form.
- The annual deadline for applications is at the top right of this page, as well as on the Parish Council websites for St Mawgan in Pydar and Colan.
- The judging Panel for St Mawgan in Pydar and Colan will meet once a year to determine which applicants should receive grants for their projects.
If, after reading the above, you are confident that your project meets the criteria, please click Next, below: