St Columb Major and St Wenn
Parishes of St Columb Major and St Wenn
Total Grants Available:
£4,500 per annum
Denzell Downs Wind Farm is committed to providing a Community Benefit Fund for good causes local to the Wind Farm.
The Fund has an annual value of around £4,500. Groups can apply for grants between £250 and £4,000.
There is one application round each year. An additional application round may be established if all available funding is not allocated in any annual round.
The Fund is open to any community project which is for the benefit of residents of the local area. This Fund can provide both capital and revenue grants.
Projects for which grants are requested must be located within the Parish boundaries of St Columb Major and St Wenn in the Cornwall Council division of St Columb Major.
Eligible organisations, who can apply for funding include:
- Charities / voluntary, community groups
- The Town and Parish Council
- Schools and educational establishments
- Social enterprises (including credit unions, co-operatives, social firms, community-owned enterprises, community interest companies and development trusts) provided they operate on a not-for-profit basis.
Applicants need to have a written constitution, a set of rules, or a governing document and a bank or building society account held in the name of the organisation in place before applying for a grant.
Grants will not be available for:
- Commercial organisations.
- Private membership-based sports clubs and facilities unless membership is open to the general public without undue restriction (e.g. not membership by nomination organisations).
- Projects that only benefit one individual (unless the application is received from an organisation and the project directly benefits individuals, e.g. energy saving measures such as insulation).
- Projects that are narrowly religious in focus, or that support a party political campaign or cause.
- Funding core costs in organisations, e.g. running costs, administration costs, building rental costs etc.
- Retrospective funding (i.e. funding can only be requested for works that will begin / expenditure that will be incurred AFTER our funding decision has been made and a formal grant Contract issued)
- Works that are a statutory duty, such as scheduled transport services and works to public highways.
The main criteria that will be used when assessing applications received will be:
- The social, economic and environmental benefits which will result from the project.
Other factors will also be considered which must be demonstrated in the application:
- The ability of the applicant to deliver the project
- How the work will be continued after the project has been completed, i.e. its sustainability and legacy
- Value for money
- Applications to the Fund need to be made using an online application form.
- The annual deadline for applications is at the top right of this page, as well as on the websites for St Columb Major Town Council and St Wenn Parish Council.
- The judging Panel for St Columb Major and St Wenn will meet once a year to determine which applicants should receive grants for their projects.
If, after reading the above, you are confident that your project meets the critera, please click Next, below: