Augean Community Fund
King's Cliffe, Northamptonshire & Thornhaugh, Cambridgeshire
Total Grants Available:
£500,000 (approximately) per year
Fund Provided by:
Augean through the Landfill Communities Fund
The Augean Community Fund uses monies provided by Augean under the Landfill Communities Fund. The company’s donations relate to its two landfill operations located near Thornhaugh in Peterborough, and King’s Cliffe in Northamptonshire.
Groups with projects that are located within 10 miles of the King’s Cliffe landfill site or the Thornhaugh landfill site may apply for grants, subject to the Augean Community Fund’s eligibility requirements. The maximum grant available is £50,000.
To see whether your project falls within the eligible funding area, please click on the map image below:
If you would like to check if your project is within the eligible area, click the ‘View larger map’ icon (top right)to access the magnifyer which, once clicked will enable you to enter the project postcode.
Who Can Apply?
Eligible organisations, who can apply for funding include:
- Voluntary organisations, community groups / associations, sports clubs (note exclusion criteria regarding membership restrictions), local and national Charities
- Parish / Community Councils / Town Councils
- Local Authorities
- Social enterprises and Community Interest Companies operating on a non-profit-distributing basis. These are defined by Social UK as ‘businesses that trade to tackle social problems, improve communities, people’s life chances, or the environment. They make their money from selling goods and services in the open market, but they reinvest their profits back into the business or the local community’. Such organisations must have a minimum of three unrelated Directors.
To be eligible to apply, an organisation must:
- Have a written constitution, a set of rules, or a governing document and a bank or building society account, held in the name of the organisation, in place before applying for a grant
- Be run on a not-for-profit basis
- Own or hold a lease for the project site with at least 5 years remaining
- Projects should be based at a project site which must be owned or leased by the applying organisation. If your organisation neither owns the project site, nor has a lease with a minimum of 5 years remaining, you are not eligible to apply. The lease must be active before any application is made. Letters of intent or draft lease agreements are not accepted.
There are two funding rounds each year:
Recommendations on all grants from the Augean Community Fund are made by King’s Cliffe Environmental Association (KCEA) and Thornhaugh Environmental Association (TEA). These two committees comprise volunteers from the villages of King’s Cliffe, Thornhaugh and nearby who are best able to represent local community priorities.
To find out which organisations were previously awarded grants, please click here
The Augean Community Fund uses an online application process. Applications in other formats will not, therefore, be accepted.
If your group is not able to complete an online application form due to specific communication requirements, please contact GrantScape so that we can help you with alternative arrangements.
Applications received after a closing date will be automatically submitted to the next funding round, if available.
Augean Revenue and Small Capital Grants Fund
As part of Augean managing the landfill sites in King’s Cliffe and Thornhaugh, some of their revenue (Section 106 monies) is given back to fund local community projects.
The Augean Revenue and Small Capital Grants Fund provides grants to support revenue projects up to £10,000 and capital projects of up to £5,000.
The Fund is managed by North Northamptonshire Council and examples of what the fund can be used for can be found in the criteria and guidelines.
For further details of the Fund and how to apply, please click below: