GrantScape is committed to encouraging equality, diversity and inclusion among our Trustees and staff. We want to ensure that when recruiting we do not discriminate against age, disability, race, religion, sex and sexual orientation among others.
The Charity also acknowledges the undisputed fact that there is a problem with racial diversity in the voluntary and charitable sector, and there is a need to understand and reflect the changing population of the UK across our community. We are therefore committed to modelling positive behaviour to improve racial diversity in the charity sector through any recruitment of staff and trustees to build a diverse group of talented people collectively working towards a shared vision.
The policy’s purpose is to:
- Attract the best possible talent from the broadest range of people and continue to improve representation of groups that are under-represented across our Trustees and staff.
- Promote a culture of respect and dignity and actively challenge discrimination.
- Recognise that people from different backgrounds and experiences can bring valuable insights to the workplace and enhance the way we work.
We will continue to support our Trustees and staff to demonstrate the principles of diversity and inclusion in their everyday activities, roles and functions.
Aims & objectives
GrantScape commits to:
- Promoting a culture that actively values difference and recognises that people from different backgrounds and experiences can bring valuable insights to the workplace and enhance the way we work.
- Monitoring aims to be an inclusive organisation.
- Providing equal opportunities throughout employment including in the recruitment, training and development of employees, including ensuring advertising of all opportunities is inclusive.
- Proactively tackling and eliminating discrimination.
- Ensuring any recruitment opportunities are advertised to a wider audience as part of a commitment to encourage greater diversity on the Board
In order to achieve this, GrantScape will:
- Review and refocus our future recruitment activity in underrepresented communities.
- Monitor and identify opportunities to improve diversity across the Company.
- Identify institutional barriers to the attraction, retention and progression of Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic people and develop an action plan to address these.
Improving Equality, Diversity and Inclusion
- The Company will encourage people from groups with different needs or with a past track record of disadvantage or low participation to apply for jobs, ensuring advertisements are placed in suitable publications to maximise the awareness of the opportunity.
- The job will be given to the best candidate, regardless of whether they have a particular characteristic or not.